Did you recently receive a traffic ticket in Seattle WA? No worries. There are many drivers who pay off their traffic ticket without a fight even if they had a wide open opportunity to get rid of this inconvenience. Don’t do the same mistake. Fight back with full strength, to do so, make sure you have legal backup such as a speeding ticket attorney.
Once you receive the ticket in Seattle, you must respond to it within 15 days. If you want to send a hearing request, it must be made within 15 days of the date the ticket was issued. You may contact the Court to request a hearing by calling (206) 684-5600, or you may submit a request in writing. There are instructions on the back of the ticket that you can follow and choose the hearing location of your choice.
Choosing the Best Attorney
A speeding ticket lawyer will protect your rights and increase the chances of getting rid of the traffic ticket. But before getting a speeding ticket lawyer for your case there are certain criteria you must look for before making a definite decision.
1) Location: It is important that the lawyer knows the location of where you received your speeding ticket. The ones who are familiar with the area will have a higher chance of fighting the ticket for you. The reason is because there are certain justifications and defenses the lawyer might know about. So be sure to hire a lawyer within the same city, and one who is knowledgeable about the area of the city you received your ticket.
2) Experience: Nothing beats a good referral to enhance the certainty of the lawyer's experience. If they don't deal with traffic law on a regular basis, they will have trouble to advocate for your defence.
3) Communication: When contacting the lawyers office, pay attention on how he or she is communicating. The legal advice should be understandable and explained in plain English and not stuffed with legal terminology. If it's not simply ask the lawyer to provide advice in a way you would comprehend. Also most lawyers will also offer confidential consultation by phone or in person. If it's in person take that opportunity to see if his or her office is organized and clean. If it's not, that's a red flag.
4) Presentation: It is important that your lawyer demonstrates that he has confidence in his services not only through communication but how he carries him or herself and takes care of his or her environment. Professionalism is very important when I comes to legal services and you want to make sure that your lawyer is representing you at his or her best.
5) Price: Always remember to not solely base your decision on price, since there are many cases that the lawyer will initially change a low price at first and change the price at the end. Also low price can also mean you won't get the most efficient lawyer. When hiring a lawyer for a speeding ticket in Seattle, you get what you pay for.
Hopefully this information will be of service to you and that you’ll be comfortable using the proper approach with Seattle Traffic Tickets. Now that you know how to fight a traffic ticket, the next step is to learn how talk your way out of receiving it.
Seattle Traffic Tickets Rated 4.75/5 based on 4 reviews
This site is not a lawyer referral service nor is it a substitute for hiring an attorney or law firm and does not provide legal advice. This site does not endorse or recommend any participating Third Party Legal Professionals that pay to participate in this advertising. An attorney-client relationship is not formed when calling the number on this site or filling out a form. Services are not available in all states or for all legal categories. All persons depicted in a photo or video are actors or models and not clients of any firm.